As aficionados of adult beverages, we’re giant fans of the great American tailgate tradition. Whether you’re attending a sporting event, a concert, or you’ve just found a cool field to hang out with your friends, it’s impossible to have a bad time drinking at a tailgate party. Part of our mission at Sourced Craft Cocktails is to upgrade your cocktail game, and we have some suggestions that can take your tailgate to the next level.
How to Have a Good Tailgate
It isn’t hard to have a good time at a tailgate party, but here are a few dos and don’ts that will make sure you maximize your fun.
- Invite Close Friends – Maybe you can have fun eating and drinking by themselves, but if that’s your objective, you might as well just stay in and down a few cocktails. Tailgates are social events, so make sure you have a few other tailgaters in your circle.
- Bring a Grill or Hibachi – You don’t have to get too fancy with this. You just need something that you can cook a few burgers or dogs on. Think low-maintenance cooking here.
- Pack a Ball – Here in Austin, where Sourced Craft Cocktails is headquartered, we like to throw around a football, but you can pick your own poison: baseball, soccer, or even a beachball. It will get people laughing and talking while you sip your drinks and snack.
- Serve Your Favorite Cocktail – You can order one of our ON TAP infusion growlers filled with your favorite cocktail, we suggest the Fistful of Bourbon Strawberry Smash, and introduce your friends to a bespoke cocktail that they can’t get at any other tailgate. More on this later.
- Show Up Late – Yeah, it’s better coming a little late than never, but if people are counting on you to bring food, drinks, or entertainment, showing up late to the party can put a damper on a good time.
- Overdress – It’s a tailgate party, not a black-tie fundraiser. Wear your favorite jersey, a t-shirt, or if the weather is cold, casual warm clothing. No one is going to be impressed with cocktail attire.
- Overserve – There are a lot of drivers at tailgate parties — after all, the tailgates have to get there somehow. Make sure that your friends aren’t going to create a danger to themselves or others.
ON TAP Elevates a Tailgate Experience
Have you ever wondered how a cooler full of beer became the go-to for tailgate parties? One word: convenience. Sourced Craft Cocktails has an alternative that’s just as convenient as a case of beer and infinitely more satisfying. Our ON TAP cocktail delivery option is the ideal solution for taking Sourced on the road with you. Here’s how it works.
- Make sure your home is within our delivery area by inputting your ZIP code.
- Choose your cocktail and size. For tailgates, we recommend the Fistful of Bourbon Strawberry Smash and in large size, which serves 30 drinks.
- Pick a delivery time a day or two before your event. Don’t worry, drinks will stay fresh for up to a week.
- A bartender will deliver your growler and mix your drinks at your door. It will come with a supply of Sourced reusable cups to bring with you to your tailgate.
- Go and become the hero of your tailgate.
ON TAP Makes Tailgating Easy
Sourced Craft Cocktails is simply trying to revolutionize the way that America drinks cocktails. World-class mixologists create our custom cocktail mixes. We prepare our recipes with fresh, locally sourced ingredients. If you are in one of our delivery zones, order Cocktails ON TAP for your game-day drinks. You won’t have to lift a finger, and you’ll instantly be the most popular tailgater there.